You’ve spent months cultivating your garden and you deserve some time away, but how do you make sure your plants don’t wither while you play?
Here are 6 tips for watering your plants while on vacation:
6. The Weeper Hose – This hose allows a slow drip that penetrates deeper than spot watering. The best part? It’s camouflaged under your mulch!
5. The Plant Nanny – This terra cotta nozzle is the perfect nest for a recycled wine bottle filled with water. The Plant Nanny minds your plants, so you can free your mind!
4. The Life Line – An absorbent cord carries water across a tightrope from source to planter.
3. The Water Bottle Barometer – A plain old plastic water bottle and a pair of scissors is all you need to ensure healthy plants before you leave.
2. Use the plastic bag trick – This genius trick turns household items into a water wick.
1. Hire a garden sitter – When in doubt, ask a neighbor to stop by and give your plants a good watering.
Header Image Source: Flickr
Via: Coldwell Banker Blog