The following is a guest post form Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage agent and Previews Luxury Specialist, Michelle Serafini of La Jolla, CA.
So we already covered the six staging secrets for the exterior of your home, now it’s time we stepped inside and had a look around. Staging can sound like such a daunting task, but if you think about doing it over the course of a week or two it can really be quite manageable.
Without further ado here’s the six staging secrets for your home’s interior:
- Examine each room starting with the public living areas. De-clutter, remove furniture, and create fluid spaces that make it easy to maneuver through the house. This will make the main living areas feel larger. Think minimalistic when it comes to accessorizing. Use color blocking with neutral colors to create a streamline feel for the house.
- Review your decor. Strategically hang artwork that fits the style of the home, enhancing the architecture of the house and spaces of the rooms. If it requires moving some photos and artwork around, be ready to patch up those nail holes and do a little touch-up.
- Clear all unnecessary objects from the kitchen counter tops. Think clean, clear and fresh. So clear the refrigerator of messages, magnets, pictures, etc. and put all the blenders, coffee makers, toasters, etc. in cabinets or packed away.
- In the bathroom, remove any unnecessary items from the countertops, tub, shower stall, and commode top. Buy new towels and soap and place those out each morning, putting away the towels and soap you use daily to make the baths feel clean and fresh.
- In the bedrooms, use neutral colors and large pillows to decorate the bed. Stay away from frilly. Straighten the inside of your closets, donate or toss clothes, shoes, etc. Think of it as pre-packing, you get rid of what you don’t want, making your move easier.
- Paint and touch up walls. If you have brightly painted walls or wallpaper consider painting them in a neutral color to allow the buyer to focus on the room and not the walls.
And now for a bonus staging tip that is also the most important one to remember…Clean Everything!
Hire a professional cleaning company that specializes in prepping your home for sale. It is worth it. Making everything from the hardwood floors to the carpets shine, the windows and patio doors sparkle, and the bathrooms and kitchen feel as if they are new will do more for selling your house than you can imagine.
Remember your house is now your new product. Bring your product to market in the best light possible. Set your emotions aside and put your marketing hat on and let the buyers see your house as their new home!
The post 6 Staging Secrets to Home Selling Success – Part 2 appeared first on Coldwell Banker Blue Matter.
Via: Coldwell Banker Blog