By Co-Founder NorthStar Moving Company Laura McHolm
The official start of spring is just around the corner! Most of hope, that spring will bring us warmer temperatures but it also brings us the task of spring-cleaning. Each year we dream of starting the new season off with a cleaner, brighter and more organized home. Sound like a miracle? Well, it can all come true with one simple “miracle” closet.
109 Fall Breeze Trail Travelers Rest, SC 29690
You may already think your closet is a miracle because it holds everything you ever bought. But, can you find that hot little black dress for a last minute date night dinner for two? Do you really need to keep your wedding dress right in the prime real estate of the center of your closet? With one weekend and these simple step-by-step tips on how to create a true “miracle closet” you will be more organized. Life will just be that much better for you in 2015. Think of all the time you’ll save this year by not having to dig through your stuff. You’ll no longer be the “person who is always 10 to 30 minutes late.” Instead, you’ll have more time to focus on the important things in life like spending treasured time with your loved ones. Follow these three steps to create your very own miracle closet, the launching pad for a clutter free spring 2015!
Step One: Empty and Sort
- Empty everything out of the closet onto the floor. I mean everything!
- Create four piles: keep, give away, recycle and store.
- Having trouble letting go of nostalgic items? Ask yourself: When was the last time I wore or used this? If you can’t remember, get rid of it.
- If the item is just too difficult to part with, put it in a clear plastic box or bag with today’s date and place it in your store pile. If you go back to use it in the next few months then you earned the right to keep it. If not, it’s time to give it away and let someone less fortunate enjoy it!
- If the item is something you use or wear only during one season a year, it can go into storage. Think of your closet as prime real estate that needs to be accessed daily and your storage as the summer vacation or winter chalet home for your stuff.
- Look at your give away and recycle piles, ask yourself: Could someone else use this item even if I can’t? If so, donate it to a charity. If it is too worn, add it to this week’s trash or recycle pile.
Step Two: Box and Label
- Take photos of each item in your to store pile. Print out two copies of each photo.
- Next, box up all of your items in the storage category be sure to include cedar balls to keep the moths away. Place one copy of the photo on the outside of each box with today’s date and the second copy …read more
Via: Coldwell Banker Blog